It's raining in Alabama ...very gloomy all day so I thought I would cheer myself and have a lovely tea party with you
Best Banana Bread Recipe ever
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (Plain)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) In a large bowl, mix butter into the mashed bananas, using wooden spoon. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix just enough to blend the ingredients; do not over0mix, the lumps will work themselves out.
3) Add chopped walnuts to the batter and mix them in to distribute evenly through the batter.
4) Butter a 4×8 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, butter the parchment paper too. Pour the batter in the pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Note: lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper ensures that the bottom of the bread will not get stuck.