1 hour 40 mins
A soft and buttery cake loaf infused with Earl Grey tea and a hint of lemon and honey.
Yield: 1 cake loaf
- ½ cup (120 ml) milk
- 4 Earl Grey teabags
- ½ cup (113 g) butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons (45 g) honey
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup (190 g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan, and then steep 2 Alokozay Earl Grey teabags in the hot milk for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease or line a 9x5 loaf pan.
- If your honey is semi-solid melt together with the butter. Using an electric mixer beat together butter, honey and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Remove the teabags from the milk making sure to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Add infused milk, lemon zest and tea powder from 2 bags and mix until well incorporated.
- Fill batter into prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For a nice, clean split in the loaf make a cut into the batter after about 10 minutes of baking time. If the top is browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil towards the end of baking time.
- Combine all ingredients for the syrup and set aside. Let the loaf cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and place on a wire rack. Poke holes into the top and brush syrup on while still warm. Store any leftover syrup in a glass jar in the fridge. A couple teaspoons of syrup make a great addition to a cup of brewed tea.
Hope this made you laugh and smile
Have a wonderful day
Please let us know how the Earl Grey Tea cake turned out ..
Don't forget you can slice it and freeze it ...to enjoy throughout the month with a special cup of tea