Fun to make and very easy as all of my recipes are ...hope you will try them
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose (Plain) flour (very careful not to over measure)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder (yes 4 teaspoons needed to make it rise)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or mixed spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Cup (59g) Post Great grains cereal or you favorite cereal ..any flavor will do
- 2 eggs, room temperature preferred
- 1 cup (200g) Powdered Sweetener something like Equal or Splenda will be great or just use granulated sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups (180g) semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks; or dark chocolate; or milk chocolate)
- 1/2 Cup (90g) Raisins , Golden Raisins or Sultana's
Preheat oven to 425F -220C degrees - Gas Mark 7 ... Spray your muffin tin of choice with non-stick spray or line with muffin liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl, gently toss together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until all dry ingredients are combined – a 20 second toss to disburse everything together. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla. Mixture will be pale and yellow. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together by hand with a wooden spoon. Avoid overmixing. Gently mix until all the flour is off the bottom of the bowl and no big pockets of flour remain. The batter will be VERY thick and somewhat lumpy. Fold in the chocolate chip
Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before enjoying. Muffins taste best fresh the same day.
Store muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days and heat up in the microwave for a few seconds if you wish
Muffins freeze well, up to 3 months...I put mine in Freezer Zip Lock Bags but would also be great in plastic containers ..I pop mine in the Microwave for 30 seconds when I take them out of the freezer to eat straight away