Or just spoil yourself .....Can't eat it all or too much of it ? ...it will freeze well in portions or whole too so a great dessert to make ahead of time
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn meal
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 5 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Beat the sugar, corn meal, flour, eggs and salt together. Gently stir in the pecans, pineapple and coconut (don't beat it). Stir in the melted butter and mix well.
- Bake at 300 degrees in an unbaked pie shell approximately 50 to 60 minutes.
- Here I covered the crust edge with some aluminum foil to keep it from burning. Cook 15 to 30 more minutes, or until the pie is set.
- For the topping I did whipped topping and mixed in a little almond extract. Then sprinkled on toasted coconut.