Are you getting excited about Easter cooking ??
I just love to cook for Easter and make wonderful indulgent desserts
But with the time allowance at hand
Has to be quick and easy
And MOST IMPORTANT able to do ahead of time
BAMBOO COCKTAIL STICKS OR POP STICKS
FAVORITE MILK, DARK AND WHITE CHOCOLATE
SPRINKLES OF CHOICE
EDIBLE PEARLS (optional)
Place on Parchment lined tray
Whilst still wet put your desired sprinkles and pearls on
When you have melted another flavored chocolate you can pipe or swirl the different colored chocolate on the pops ...I like to swirl this on by just dipping a fork in the chocolate and whirl the fork in zig zags over the marshmallows
Repeat with other chocolates ...put in fridge to harden
CHOCOLATE COVERED MARSHMALLOW POPS
CARROT CAKE CHEESECAKE
Pierce marshmallows with bamboo sticks
Place marshmallows upright on a board, tray or oven tray that is lined with Parchment paper
Melt Chocolate ...one flavor at a time
I Microwave my chocolate on high checking at 30 second intervals ..stirring each time take out just as it's finishing melting and give a good stir
Use a deep dish so that you can easily dip the mallows
Dip the mallows and coat generously
Place trays in freezer.... when Frozen
Pack gently in containers tall enough to accommodate the Bamboo Sticks ...cover gently with foil or even Kitchen Paper and place on rigid lid ..
Take out on the morning of the day you require them and place them on a favorite plate to defrost
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream Carrot Cake:
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound finely grated carrots (about 1 cup) Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- For the cheesecake, in a medium bowl using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and flour until smooth. Add the vanilla and sour cream and mix just until blended. Set aside.
- For the carrot cake, in a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together the oil, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until the mixture is light creamy and light. Stir in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt until just combined. Mix in the carrots.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9- or 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Spread half of the carrot cake batter into the bottom of the prepared pan. Dollop half of the cheesecake batter on top of the carrot cake layer in spoonfuls. Don't spread or swirl together. Dollop the rest of the carrot cake batter on and around the spoonfuls of cheesecake batter. Don't spread it together. Spoon on the last half of the cheesecake batter on top of all the layers and spread with an offset spatula into an even layer. Tap the pan on the counter a couple of times to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake the cheesecake for 60-70 minutes (check earlier if using a 10-inch springform pan; it won't bake as long as a 9-inch pan), tenting the top of the cheesecake with foil the last 20 -30 minutes of baking if it is browning too quickly. The cheesecake will puff a great deal in the oven thanks to the leavening in the carrot cake and it might even crack.Take care not to overbake the cheesecake or the carrot cake bottom and sides will be dry. The top center part of the cheesecake (just about a 2- or 3-inch diameter circle) should still be slightly soft and jiggly when you take it out.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely on a wire rack in the pan.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting by whipping together the cream cheese and butter until creamy and smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar a little at a time until the frosting is well-combined with no lumps. Add the vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
- When the cheesecake has cooled, spread the frosting evenly over the top of the cheesecake. Cover with tin foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled before serving.
The cheesecake can be made and frosted 1-2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator until serving.
I cut it in half so you could see
And I simply decorated it with little chocolate eggs
It was just a WOW ...everyone went home with the recipe
The top of the cheese cake once baked will be cracked on the top ...this is normal
Don't worry about it as you are going to put frosting on the top
I open froze it totally uncovered then once frozen wrapped it in parchment paper and two layers of foil
Take out the night before you want it , uncover while frozen and put on a pretty plate ..leave in refrigerator till needed