I make double the quantity and freeze half of it to use for another day when I don't feel like cooking
Please try it you won't be sorry
Velvety-smooth and loaded with sweet potato and apple flavors, this fall-flavored cream soup is the ultimate warm-up on a chilly day!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 -6 servings
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium carrot minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 2 large baking apples peeled, cored, and diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (dried will do)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whipping cream to taste I put in 3/4 cup
- Additional minced parsley and shredded Asiago cheese for garnishing optional
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute onion, garlic, and carrot in olive oil until just beginning to brown. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and apples, cover, reduce heat to medium and let soup simmer until sweet potatoes and apples are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Once tender, transfer soup to a high-speed blender (depending on the size of your blender, you may have to do it in batches) Puree soup on high speed until completely smooth.
- Return soup to pot and stir in thyme, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring soup to a low simmer over medium heat, then stir in warmed cream. Keep soup warm until ready to serve.
- Ladle hot soup into serving bowls and garnish with parsley and shredded Asiago cheese if desired.
If you make this soup please leave a message in the 'comments' you will find it below this blog to the left at the bottom.